« Home

The Sea is the place to be!

Obviously! (Chuckle) Well, I've decided to skip the whole introduction process and start by sharing music.

Okay, well not totally. There's some things you should know. This is a music blog. I'm gonna try to spread around some music that I'm liking because I feel like I know some bands that are pretty cool. Also, I might comment on pop culture a bit. Enjoy it.



I'm starting off with two bands that have names dealing with the ocean. The first is one I'm sure you've all heard of. They're called Islands and were formed from the ashes of the great band The Unicorns. Now, I'll admit, The Unicorns have a huge place in my heart, so I was at first apprehensive about the new project involving Nick Diamonds and J'aime Tamebeur. After further listens, though, I'm starting to love the more majestic Islands. Here's one of the best tracks, "Rough Gem"

Islands- "Rough Gem"
(Buy album, Return to the Sea, from Amazon)



The next band is one that I literally stumbled upon. Their name is Maritime and I picked up their CD because 1) it looked cool, 2) it was on sale, 3) this one song clip just sounded really cool. I picked it up, and I'm impressed. It's pretty calm, but still interesting. It's going to take me a while to really appreciate and evaluate it, since I just got it, but I thought I'd spread the word. I also heard that the band includes some members of the now defunct Dismemberment Plan (whaat? when did they break up?!), so it's at least worth a listen.

I've picked the song "Tearing Up The Oxygen" because it's "Ohs" are so catchy, it made me buy the album.

Maritime- "Tearing Up The Oxygen"
(Buy the album We, The Vehicles from Amazon)

Well, that was nice for a first entry! I hope everyone enjoys the music and this blog because I'm pretty excited about it!

Labels: , ,

Islands and the Unicorns are amazing. <3

Maritime isn't too bad either. I'll have to check them out some more.

haha yes, I had to start off my first post with them. I'm glad you like it!

I still wish the Unicorns didn't break up. I've always wondered what they would have sounded like after the 2014 EP.

But I always wonder these things with broken up bands.

oh man! I know! Lucky; I haven't even heard the 2014 EP. I need to get it soon.

I've only head half of it. It has more synth than Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone.

Apparently, I'm the only person who reads your blog.

Are you going to Xeminos Friday?

interesting.

yes, sadly so. I'm going to start spreading the word a bit more once I get a few more entries.

and I doubt it. I usually only go there on Saturday nights.

Post a Comment

Previous posts

Links

  • Google
  • Epitonic.com
  • The Hype Machine
  • my myspace page.

  • Disclaimer

    The MP3s provided on this site are for you to preview and discover a new artist. If you enjoy what you hear, please support the artists and buy their albums. I know they'll appreciate it.

    If you're an artist whose MP3s are posted here and you'd like them to be removed, e-mail me at spinrocker@hotmail.com and they'll be removed immediately.